Thursday, January 13, 2022

Start up again 2022

 After a long absence due to the illness and death of my husband, I am trying to get back to blogging. This Bald Eagle blog is primarily an explanation of my photographs during nesting season but the writing part is taken mostly from my personal notes. 

Today was another cold day in Virginia Beach. I wanted to check the Honey Bee nest today as last year on January 11, 2021,  I saw the male and female mated pair trade places in the nest, suggesting a "nest exchange," which means that egg incubation is under way. It's when one comes into the nest and "relieves" the other and sits on the new egg or eggs.

Today, both Bald Eagles brought soft nesting material into the nest. This may be an indication that a nest cup is being constructed for up coming egg laying.



No comments:

Post a Comment