Saturday, January 15, 2022

Chasing Eagles

Today it was very very cold in Virginia Beach. I spent most of the afternoon driving my SUV around the Honey Bee area simply trying to locate the resident Bald Eagles. Initially, I found a juvenile eagle on the cell tower. Then I found a second juvenile close to the North Landing River. I had been told that they had been around earlier in the morning.  Finally, while I was driving my SUV, I saw the juvenile being attacked and chased off the cell tower by an adult Bald Eagle. Lucky for me, both eagles flew in my direction. I exited my vehicle and since the course was closed, I walked across the fairway where the juvenile had landed, just in time for it to take off. But wait!!! The adult (not sure which one) put its legs down and landed in the tree right in front of me!! I was so lucky!! It did not stay long but I was so cold I needed to get back into my SUV!! So I did and made my way home!



No comments:

Post a Comment