Wednesday, February 7, 2018

February 7

I was able to spend a few hours at Honey Bee today. There was not a lot of activity going on in the nest but the Eagles were definitely active around the nest and golf course. I found one on a tower right away, which flew shortly thereafter.

Then, I found them at their favorite cypress tree.

 One left (the male I think) and the other one was really fussing at the approach of a juvenile Eagle.

I lost track of them for a while but eventually I returned to the nest area and found one in a nearby tree. It stayed for about 20 minutes and provided many opportunities.


 Including a take off and flyby!




I was getting ready to leave and on my way out I stopped by for one last look at the North Landing River. It was a good decision as an eagle swooped in and picked up some soft material for the nest.

Then, after counting my blessings, I headed home.

But wait! It that an Eagle in a tree? It WAS! Then I really headed home!

No comments:

Post a Comment