Monday, February 5, 2018

February 5

I made two visits to Honey Bee today. During the early morning visit, I observed the pair mating in the cypress tress as I was driving. As I parked, they separated. It was chilly and windy, so a good walking opportunity on the back of the green as the course was still closed.























My return visit was very late afternoon/early evening just before sunset. Both Eagles were in the nest tree.
Here is a full frame view of both eagles; one in the nest and one on the branch above.























They both did some work on the nest. First, their tails.
 Then, some down time.























One went to an above branch.
 While one remained in the nest.























From my vantage point, I had a nice view of the one on the branch although the light was quickly fading. It preened and then just sat there, looking regal.  I left them there for the night.




























No comments:

Post a Comment