Monday, March 19, 2018

The Honey Bee Pair: Togther Again

The morning started out with the juvenile Bald Eagle flyover.

I guess that brought out the adults to defend their territory. I was pretty sure it was the female that I saw perched on the Osprey nest tower, just due to the size. But when the second eagle landed beside it, the difference in size was apparent. That's the male landing and perched to the left in the first 2 photos of them together.

I then switched my location to try to view the female's leg/foot that was injured in the attack. So, in the last two photos, that's the female on the left. I could not get a good view of her foot, though. They did a lot of preening and warned off a couple of Ospreys that came into view.

It was good news seeing them sitting together and according to Reese Lukei, there is still time for a second mating and second clutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment